District Chair Update: Taking Back Scouting
Here are some thoughts from our District Chair, Kent Thomas.
- Outside good/Inside bad – highlight the Outing in Scouting
- Groups of 50 or less good – larger groups problematic – figure out 6 ft spacing/personal space
(example 1: Backpacking is an excellent outing right now in Scouts as long as small group transportation logistics are nailed down, individualized sleeping/eating is more an option.
Example 2: Den activities that are face to face with parents driving their scouts to a public park is excellent – a dawn exploration hike in the case of AZ)
- Masks good – especially when inside – but important to demonstrate when in Scout Uniforms in public in larger gatherings of more than 10 scouts
- Follow-up the example of your Chartering Org – what are they doing around gatherings?
Examples, Sources and Ideas:
- Camp Geronimo Example: A Healthy Camp Begins and Ends at Home Checklist
- Example Pre-Event medical Screening Checklist
- Covid-19 Camp Participant At Risk Statement
- BSA Health and Safety Update
- Guidance for Youth Events
- CDC Recommendations: CDC Fact Sheet, CDC on Face Masks / Coverings
- June 2020 Grand Canyon Connection Council Newsletter
- Andy Price Statement on Current Events
- 09/17/2020 – Restart Scouting Checklist from Scouting Wire