Eagle Scout Process
The steps required to advance from Life Scout to Eagle Scout can seem to be confusing and difficult, but the process is actually very well structured. There are a series of steps to be followed, outlined in the files and guides below. Simply download each item, follow the instructions, and let us know if you have any questions!
The Eagle Scout Process
- READ THIS FIRST(Word) – explains the Life to Eagle process
- Electronic Service Project Workbook– pages of the workbook that the Scout must fill in.
- Eagle Scout Rank Application No. 512-728– This application must be used with applying for the Eagle Scout award. You must download this file to a hard disk and open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- GCC Eagle Checklist(Excel) – This will assist you in checking your Eagle Scout application and packet.
- Statement of Ambitions, life purpose, and a list of Positions (Word) – In preparation for your board of review, prepare and attach to your Eagle Scout Rank Application a statement of your ambitions and life purpose and a listing of positions held in your religious institution, school, camp, community, or other organizations, during which you demonstrated leadership skills. Include honors and awards received during this service.
- Eagle Reference Letter Form (Word) – the reference letter form, six copies
EAGLE SCOUT SERVICE PROJECTS: Points of Contact and Project Ideas. This is a list of contacts for Eagle Projects and Unit Service Projects.
Life to Eagle Process Presentation – for parents, unit leaders, and Scouts
Eagle Scout Advisor Briefing – for unit adults who assist Eagle Candidates
Eagle Project ideas
- Navigating the Eagle Scout Service Project – Information for Project Beneficiaries
- Notes for Eagle Project Approvers, Unit Leaders and Boards of Review. This guide is for Scouters at the unit, district and council level who are involved with approving Eagle projects.
- Blood-Drive Based Projects with United Blood Services
- Organizing an American Red Cross Blood Drive
- Kits for Kids – Eagle Scout Project. Click here for flier and Click here for program kit information.
Eagle Scout Scholarships
If you are an Eagle Scout and you are looking for funds for post-secondary education, you have come to the right place.
Education is a valuable tool for a young man regardless of what kind of career he chooses. Yet, finances can be a big hurdle in attaining the necessary knowledge for one’s future vocation.
Fortunately, National Eagle Scout Association assists Eagle Scouts with their educational pursuits whether it be at a four-year university, vocational trade school or field study opportunities.
The Eagle Palm Process
After successfully completing your Eagle Scout board of review on or after Aug. 1, 2017, and being validated as an Eagle Scout by the National Service Center, you will be entitled to receive an Eagle Palm for each additional five merit badges you have completed before your Eagle Scout board of review beyond those required for Eagle. In addition, all current Scouts who completed their Eagle board of review and who had not passed their 18th birthday before Aug, 1, 2017 are entitled as well. For these Palms only, it will not be necessary for you to complete the requirements stated below.
After becoming an Eagle Scout, you may earn additional Palms by completing the following requirements.
- Be active in the Boy Scouts of America for at least three months after becoming an Eagle Scout or after the last Palm was earned. **
- Since earning the Eagle Scout rank or your last Eagle Palm, demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you have done your duty to God and how you have lived the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Continue to set a satisfactory example of accepting responsibility or demonstrating leadership ability.
- Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for Eagle or last Palm. ***
- While an Eagle Scout, participate in a Scoutmaster conference. *
* For Venturers working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “Scoutmaster” with “crew Advisor.” For Sea Scouts working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “Scoutmaster” with “Skipper.”
**Eagle Palms must be earned in sequence, and the three-month tenure requirement must be observed for each Palm.
***Merit badges earned any time since becoming a Boy Scout may be used to meet this requirement.
Last Updated: 06/30/2020